Since my blog started a bit after the project started I thought it might be important to jump back a little in time and bring you up to speed on a few things....
First and foremost I want to thank our initial group of sponsors!!! As soon as our offer on the building was accepted I had about a week to talk to a few businesses to see how they could help us get started. The response and enthusiasm for the project was overwhelming!
Have a look at what has been commited already!!!
- Alton Memorial Hospital - Nintendo Wii Fit Arcade Game and Equipment
- Atlantis Pools and Spas - Pool Tables and possible Foosball Table
- Direct Floors - Labor and materials for oak dance floor on the main level
- H2K Construction - Labor for 30 person home style movie theater with raised seating
- Thomas Fahnestock, CPA -Incorporation of the new non-profit Community Center
- Scheffel & Company - Consulting & labor to file for 501c3 tax exempt & charitable status
We will be working on a wish list in the next week or two but if you can think of ways that you would like to contribute or if you know of others who are in a good position to help please spread the word and help us keep this project moving forward!
There are plenty of other things to talk about to bring you up to speed but I need to quit blogging for the moment and head back down to the center to get ready for some of our inital meetings. Check back soon for more details...